Hi everyone,
I am now in a position to announce the University of Auckland 2008 Joynt Scroll teams, but before doing so I would like to thank two groups of people.
Firstly thank you to everyone who trialed for a team. The quality of debates was commendable and I was personally impressed by the debates I saw.
Secondly I would like to thank the external selectors tonight for coming along. Their experience is an asset to the club and their involvement is a huge help.
In the end, while trials were close, there were four clear teams that had the support of the selectors. Accordingly I would like to congratulate the following people:
A1:
Glenn Riddell
Akif Malik
Max Harris
A2:
Stephanie Thompson
Ben Milsom
George Minton
A3:
Mark Tushingham
Craig Riddell
James Ruddell
A4:
Heather Macbeth
Mark Zhu
Patrick Lilly
Those those of you who did not make teams I would like to again thank you for trialing and remind you that:
- For the next few weeks there will be open-entry debating as usual.
- After the mid-semester break we will be running a 'Pro-Am' style open entry internal tournament in the "British Parliamentary" debating style.
- At the end of the year the national "BP" tournament will be held in Wellington that is (usually) open to anyone who wishes to enter (no trials necessary).
I would also like to remind everyone that tomorrow night at 6pm the club is hosting a very exciting debate in conjunction with WorldVision on Campus where some of our top speakers will be speaking about New Zealand's commitments to international aid.
The debate will be held in the New Business School in Lecture Theatre OGGB 5 and promises to be great times for all who attend!
Thanks again and congratulations,
Brad